Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Culinary Delights with Lily Eilonwy!

Wow Mom!!  Look What I DID!!
This happened one morning when I was a bit distracted.  I had started feeding Lilian her breakfast cereal and bananas, but got called away to do something else in the middle of it. 

I thought that I'd put the bowl far enough away to be out of her reach, but I guess not.  I forget sometimes that our kids have monkey arms!  She quietly sat in her high chair in the middle of the kitchen and scooped the tasty goo into her mouth. . . or there-abouts.  As you can see here, she's also gotten it up her nose!  Gives a new meaning to the phrase, "A little stuffed up!"
How can you be upset about something that looks like so much fun?  However disgusting this appears, she was having a blast!  And the delight with which she plastered herself with banana sludge was simply adorable.  The other kids laughed so hard and so long it only increased her happiness.  I really think she loves doing things to make her sisters laugh.  
Just a close up to illustrate the slimey-ness we're dealing with!  It was straight into the tub with this one!
If it had been summertime, I'd have just wheeled her outside and hosed the baby, bowl and high-chair off with the hose.   She had managed to coat the BOTTOM of her tray with the sticky stuff too!  That's talent right there! 
Thank goodness for vinyl high chair seat covers, and dishwasher-safe trays!

Silly Mommy!  When will you ever learn?  But seriously. . . what a cutie!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun Lily!

Trav and Rach said...

Oh my heavens RIE! I can't believe how hillarious that looks. What a blast! I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up! luv ya!

Jut and Char said...

So messy but so adorable.
Char