Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lily Eilonwy's life--the following week

Here's our cute baby, a little older, maybe two or three days after being born.  She's just peeking out of one eye to see what's up with this noisy family she's been born into.  Poor girl.  I apologize to her about ten times a day that she has such overwhelming (read loud and bothersome) siblings.  But hey, she volunteered to come to our family, so . . .


Yeah, she's just going to stay asleep and pretend she doesn't hear us.  Which is, honestly, probably very wise.  Now she's also a SMART baby, not just a CUTE one!    
This picture caught her getting ready for a fight.  It looks like she's going to punch somebody.  "Put up yer dukes, Kurty!" 

On Monday, when Lily was four days old, my mom Verna came with my two youngest sisters to stay for a few days.   She was very helpful and it was great to finally have her able to be with me right after I had a baby.  THANKS MOM!!  


Can you see the clip-on earrings that Ally's got on?  She looks so incredibly grown up like that, and she loves it.  Scares me though.   In this picture, my girls and I have got very long hair.  We cut all of it the week after Mom left, but that's another post.



A contemplative look from tiny girl to adored grandma. 

Hey they even match!!

My sisters Kathryn and Nancy were fantastic help with the kids and loved getting a chance to hold little Lily.  Later in the month, they each came individually to spend about two weeks with us, helping out and having fun.  It was wonderful for me!  How else was I going to read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse in just one week?  I ask you!!


Kurt hasn't got an answer for that one.

But Grandma loves him anyway.  Even when he wears his underwear (please don't call them panties, or Ty will bite your head off!) on top of his clothes.  Poor kid is inundated with super heroes. It must make him a little crazy.  
Give your grandma a kiss, you silly boy!


These little creations are each about the size of a silver dollar, just to illustrate their minute detailing.  Nancy and Kathryn showed Ally, Brynne, and Lizzy how to make "Poogles" with modeling clay.  They spent all day making antennae, wings, bows, flowers, dots, tails, ears, tables, fruit, back packs, chairs, carrots and flying carpets for these teeny little balls with googly eyes. 
I was surprised that they were so engaged by the activity.  It was fun to see them play and pretend while they put together these little guys.  One thing I haven't got a photo of but wish I did, is a taco that Lizzy made for her poogle to eat.  It was so tiny and it even had lettuce! 


So, I feel like you're going to be reading these backward, since you'll start at the top of the page and read down to the older posts, which are about the first part of her (Lily's) life, but I suppose that's how it works.  
  This being said, "the following week" won't follow anything, but will be what most of you begin with, and will therefore precede the preceding post about her birth.  Is anyone still bothering to read this?

3 comments:

amy morgan said...

I read it!!

Jut and Char said...

Yes, I read it and I am not at all bothered by the order.
Char

Jennifer said...

So glad you posted! I was so sad our kids were not letting us talk the other day! Good to at least hear what's up through blogging! Now if only I could put Twilight down long enough to update my blog.

nah.