Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Explain yourself!

"Morgen" Is a german greeting that means "Good Morning."  I took two years of German in school and my husband Tyler took about seven years.  (He was all but fluent in German when he was called on his mission to South Korea.)  We don't speak the language at home, cause I don't know enough, and he's garbled it all up with the Korean he learned, so when he tries to speak german, it comes out in Korean word order and conjugations.  
     I have always liked the similarity between the german greeting, and our last name, Morgan.  Truly, the "o" in morgen should have an umlaut above it, kind of like a sideways colon (:), but I don't know how to make my keyboard do that. 

So, This is a picture of the entire Morgan Family, meaning Ty's parents and all their kids and grand kids.  It was taken at our baby Lilian Eilonwy's blessing day party.  It's hard to get that many people to all look good at the same time.  Sorry Brandon.  

I'm  in the middle back with the tiny baby, Lily.  I'll name everyone for good measure.  

Back row:  Tom, T.R. (on his tiptoes!), Amy with Sara, Marie with Lilian, Kurt (folding his arms the whole time!) Tyler, Brandon, (on his toes, with his eyes closed) Charley, Lori, and Anota. (great smile, Mom!)  
Middle row:  Joey, Tommy (what a 'tude!), Brynne (I have no explanation for this face), Lizzy, and Alicia.  
Front row:   Anna Belle, Rachel & Dorian, Halle, and Zoe.

We love our family!!

4 comments:

Anthony Holden said...

Couldn't resist the seductive lures of blogger, eh?
You know, we really should come visit soon. I've got 2 jobs and a side project going right now, so maybe mid-September? I dunno. Anyway, you guys look great!

Kurt said...

Thanks for letting us in on the news...
I will be here often.

Love Dad

T.R. Morgan said...

look at my foot. I was not on my tiptoes for this pic.

Marie Adell said...

So, as I look closer at the picture, I have to concede that T.R. is not actually on his tippy-toes for this shot. Sorry for any aspersion cast on your good name.

Also, I'm reminded that there really is No umlaut in Morgen. My mistake!