Monday, October 18, 2010

Spare time for bits and pieces

So,  I'm up early and have a minute to post some dozen pictures or so:

These are of my new corner pantry.  You can see I've put a clear shoe organizer on the inside of the door, and for right now, it's working great, although, it swings and clanks against the door, so we'll be trying to secure it at the bottom soon to stop that.   Below is a close shot of my old upper cabinet lazy susan that Ty let me install in the new pantry.  It had to go through one of the shelves, but I think I like it even more than before.  It's perfect for keeping spices and the like manageable.  

When the shelves were put in this pantry, I cleared out all the upper cabinets over the stove and around the sink.  When I was done, those items had only filled about four shelves in the pantry.  By the time we're done with this kitchen, storage space in it will have increased exponentially.

Now I have a functional place to put my buckets of flour, oatmeal, beans and sugar!

These are the raspberries.  They've exceeded the bed by about three feet on all sides.  We've got to figure out how to contain them by next year, and how to trellis them so they can be kept more upright. 

Pear tree and pumpkin patch

Garden view from east side of yard

Back fence and new side fence on north

Blueberries and Elderberries and Rhubarb in big pots
Big green leafhopper that was eating leaves on our raspberry bushes
Morning Glory!
Our second set of three, three and under.

Our new Back door and screen door

Just inside the backdoor, Ty added an "L"-shaped wall to make a mud room, or walk in coat closet.  That's one reason that we were able to sacrifice the front hall closet to the kitchen remodel.

Those black things are shoe storage, and there's peg board all over the inside to hang things from.


The shelf above is great and below is a bench, with more shoe buckets underneath.


Before Tag was born, we installed cordless shades in the sunroom.

This is a new curtain I made for the bedroom

Front Garden views:

The iron railing is now black, as it should be, since Ty painted it.



Fall strawberries

My Favorite color of snapdragons


The new side front fence on the north perfectly matches the one on the south, and cost us nothing!  Thank you neighbors!



Connect these three pictures, and you can see the front view of our house.

And at the beginning of August, we replaced the furnace and added an air conditioner, which allowed us to get rid of the swamp cooler.  Next year we'll fix the roof where the shaft stump is now.
Not too bad though, considering what it used to be, right?   Even the grass is greener.


2 comments:

Jut and Char said...

Your house looks great and all your projects are coming along great. I am so excited for you.

Tony said...

Wow! I love before and after pics! I'm so happy for you and I love the change!